In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as learners, mentors, and administrators pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Community administrators are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Community administrators have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, questions, answers, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies both within R4DS Online Learning Community spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing the community. Examples of representing a community include using an official R4DS Online Learning Community e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of the community may be further defined and clarified by community administrators.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the community administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org. The community administrators will review and investigate all complaints, and will respond in a way that it deems appropriate to the circumstances. The community administrators are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Community administrators who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the community’s leadership.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at http://contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4